Sunday, December 21, 2008

Starcraft 2: Battle Reports

Starcraft 2 Battle Reports are here yeah!

Before I get to talking about Starcraft 2 specifically, a new feature on the Starcraft 2 website are battle reports. This is just what I have been needing while waiting for Starcraft 2, anybody who does not know what Starcraft is probably isn't that into gaming. Starcraft to me was one of the best Strategy RTS games in my opinion to have ever come out, and I hope Starcraft 2 will uphold that image for me. I'll save that talk however for a later post, for now lets talk battle reports. I, like many others, have been waiting for something interesting to happen since it has been a little quiet over at the SC2 website for quite some time, I was hoping for a zerg gameplay video (as opposed to the zerg reveal video) but hey this might just beat them all, a fun close up look at Starcraft 2 in action.


Battle Report

The battle report is just like any replay video where you watch two guys fight it out, except this is in Starcraft 2 and there is commentary which can be interesting but also sort of annoying in my opinion when the guy is screaming because one probe survived a marine attack ??? But non the less it makes it more lively.

Battle Report #1 was released a couple days ago, and I had to download it because:
A. It took too long to load while watching
B. Anytime I did something it would start back to the beginning and I would lose my place
C. And finally the thing that threw me over the edge I was in another tab at the same time it was loading and when I go back it was at the index page of starcraft 2 and I had to reload the video from the beginning again.

If you want to check it out and havent go here:
http://www.starcraft2.com/features/battlereports/1.xml

The battle is between Terran and Protoss, pretty fun to watch I think you should check it out.

Else, cant wait for the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment